Creams with hyaluronic acid: how they can help you
Hyaluronic acid has become one of the star ingredients in cosmetics, dermatology and aesthetic medicine thanks to its extraordinary ability to retain large amounts of water and moisturise the skin.
We are going to explain the properties of hyaluronic acid to you, as well as the kinds of hyaluronic acid that exist, and we will give you some recommendations for products such as creams, concentrated serums and face masks with hyaluronic acid to make your skin look radiant.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in our body that is found in numerous tissues, such as the skin, cartilage, bones and eyes. Just like a sponge, this acid is able to absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water, helping to keep skin hydrated. It also creates a protective layer against the elements and plays an important structural role, as it is responsible for the skin's elasticity and firmness.
As time passes, it is normal to lose this substance, as well as elastic fibres, fat, and even bone mass, resulting in the appearance of wrinkles, loss of elasticity and sagginess1. Hyaluronic acid is therefore a great ally to have in products that prevent or treat the signs of ageing, such as creams, serums and topically applied masks.
What is the use of creams with hyaluronic acid?
Creams with hyaluronic acid make the most of each of this ingredient's properties, therefore seemingly "melting away the years". Broadly speaking, they have the following properties:
- Intense and long-lasting hydration: they are ideal for maintaining deep hydration and achieving softer, smoother, and more radiant skin.
- Filling effect on wrinkles and expression lines: dermal hyaluronic acid retains water, naturally moisturises the skin, smooths wrinkles and expression lines, and helps the skin to look younger, firmer and smoother.
- Increased skin elasticity: As the level of hydration improves and wrinkles are filled in, skin becomes more elastic. This results in skin that is more resistant and less likely to suffer from injuries.
- Improves the skin's natural protective barrier: Products (cosmetics) with hyaluronic acid strengthen the natural skin barrier, allowing the skin to better defend itself from contamination, solar radiation, mechanical and chemical agents and other external factors. The protection that the skin barrier provides against the effects of free radicals is of particular interest.
- Protection against free radicals: These harmful molecules can affect the health of cells. Hyaluronic acid acts as an antioxidant and helps to neutralize the action of free radicals and the damage that they cause to the skin.
However, to maximise the effects of creams containing hyaluronic acid, it is important to take into account other factors that influence skin quality, such as following a balanced diet, avoiding tobacco and alcohol and using sunscreen.
Creams with hyaluronic acid
Not all creams with hyaluronic acid are equal, and you need to take into account their concentration and molecular weight.
Creams that have high concentrations are the most moisturising, while those with low concentrations are better suited for young and less dehydrated skin.
Additionally, larger hyaluronic acid molecules (high molecular weight) tend to act on the skin's most superficial layers. For this reason, cosmetics that combine different types of hyaluronic acid are more effective in hydrating skin.
hydra-vital light is a high and medium-molecular weight moisturising gel-cream with hyaluronic acid, which has anti-pollution and antioxidant properties (thanks to the Urban D-tox active ingredient). It also acts as a barrier, preventing water loss.
ha densimatrix is a serum or intense concentrate that combines high, medium and low reticulated hyaluronic acid, producing effects at different levels. It has an anti-ageing, repulping, and filling action for all skin types.
For masks, we have hydravital mask, which combines hyaluronic acid with three-tone viola extract and contains argan oil to nourish the skin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) to soothe it, the biobalancing active ingredient, Lactobacillus Ferment, and Urban D-tox, anti-pollution.
We hope that this article has helped you to better understand creams with hyaluronic acid and the benefits that they confer. If the right products are used consistently and correctly, they will be effective in preventing and treating expression lines and wrinkles. Do not hesitate to confirm their effects for yourself.
locate your reference centre
Where can I obtain information or undergo the treatment?